Thursday, October 17, 2024

Why I Swear By Salt Scrubs For Achieving The Softest, Glowiest Skin Ever

 


Experts break down the unique benefits.

My bathroom is currently stocked with more exfoliating products than I’d like to admit. Some might call my stash excessive, but that feeling of smooth, moisturized skin is a rush I refuse to give up. My quest for silkiness has led me to try all manner of options, from body scrubs made from sugar (the granules tend to dissolve before I get the deep exfoliation I'm after) or coffee grounds (way too messy) to buffing mitts (IMO, an overused exfoliating glove is the stuff of bacterial

nightmares).

Yet, like Goldilocks and her infamous beds, after much testing, I've and found the product that strikes the perfect balance for me: salt scrubs. They’re not too oily and the oversize granules give me just the right amount of exfoliation. Although this tried-and-true skin buffer isn't necessarily trending on TikTok right now, it's my choice and has been a staple in beauty for thousands of years—the ancient Egyptians even swore by it.

What skin issues can salt scrubs fix?

Salt scrubs are a go-to of mine for many reasons, and according to our dermatologist experts, salt is a great natural remedy for:

  • Dullness and texture: “Salt scrubs removes dead skin cells to allow for a softer feel and brighter skin appearance,” says Dr. Reed. “The scrubbing motion also stimulates blood flow, improving skin health and providing a natural glow." I’ve also noticed that when I regularly use salt scrubs, I have less of an issue with ingrown hairs and the rough patches of skin I sometimes get on my elbows and around my knees. And don't discount the benefits of touching your body: "The act of massaging the skin can reduce stress and help with relaxation,” Dr. Reed adds.
  • Conditions like eczema and psoriasis: One study found that Dead Sea treatments can help improve skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, acne, redness, xerosis, and hyperkeratosis. “The unique blend of minerals has an anti-inflammatory effect,” says Dr. Greenfield. These health benefits are widely recognized across Europe—in countries like France, thermal treatments are considered therapy and covered by national health insurance. Many also embark on health and wellness-related visits to mineral-rich thermal waters in places like Romania and Hungary to treat and cure chronic pain, improve circulation, and to remedy skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
  • Irritation and itch: Mineral-rich salts may also reduce itch, irritation, and even promote wound healing. This minerals were shown in one clinical trial to enhance skin barrier repair, boost hydration, and reduce inflammation when used as a soak. All good things if you've got skin that's sensitive and prickly.


·         How to incorporate salt into your beauty routine

·         Except for the face, salt scrubs can be used all over. But it’s worth it to focusing on areas like the elbows and knees where the skin is rougher. Always avoid open wounds and, from my personal experience, don’t use a salt scrub immediately after shaving—it will sting. How often you exfoliate will vary, but if your skin isn’t sensitive and you’re not dealing with other skin issues, two to three times a week is best (that's how often I use mine). Sensitive? Less is always going to be more, so start off at once a week.

·         Salt soaks, on the other hand, are an amazing act of self care that can be done once or twice a week or every once in a while when you need a luxe, healing moment to yourself. To get started, fill your bath with warm water. If the soak that you’re using advises you to use a precise amount, follow those instructions. However, ¼ of a cup of salts should be sufficient for a standard-size bathtub. Using your hand, gently swirl the water and salts together, mixing until the salts dissolve. Get in. Relax.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog, your comments keeps us going

Contact Information

08066953052
yetundeonanuga858@gmail.com

If you are interested in publicizing your products and services on these platform, get across to the Beautyfulmakeover media team using the details above.

kindly disregard any other contact information you receive through any other source.

Why I Swear By Salt Scrubs For Achieving The Softest, Glowiest Skin Ever

  Experts break down the unique benefits. My bathroom is currently stocked with more exfoliating products than I’d like to admit. Some mig...