The wife of the Olu of Warri, Olori Ivie Atuwatse III, has said her husband, Ogiame Atuwatse III, will not take another wife, insisting that she is more than enough for the monarch.
Atuwatse made the comment while discussing her marriage and life in the
palace during an interview with BBC News Pidgin published on Wednesday,
September 23, 2026.
Responding to a question about how she would react if the monarch changed his position on polygamy, the queen dismissed the possibility, maintaining that her
husband would not reverse his decision.“Firstly, His Majesty no go fit change him mind about polygamy. Make we
just settle that one for there. Me alone, one me, I be like three women, so I
dey alright for am,” she said.
Her position is consistent with the monarch’s earlier comments on the
subject.
In a January 2026 interview with BBC Pidgin, the Olu of Warri explained
that he had chosen monogamy despite the history of polygamy among traditional
rulers, saying the responsibilities attached to his position already demanded
much of his time.
“God
did not give me that grace,” he had said, while explaining that he preferred to
preserve peace within his home and spend time with his family.
Beyond the issue of polygamy, Atuwatse spoke warmly about being married
to the monarch, particularly the experience of watching people recognise and
celebrate his achievements.
“The thing wey I like about being married to His Majesty is that, all
the fame or the popularity wey him get, na say I get to see the world celebrate
his genius, his swag also, cos me too I dey celebrate am. And when the world
dey celebrate am, e dey ginger me more,” she said.
She acknowledged, however, that the demands of royal responsibilities
can limit the amount of time the couple spends together.
The lawyer also discussed her fashion choices, particularly the turban
that has become part of her appearance at public engagements.
Addressing suggestions that her position as queen limits how she
dresses, Atuwatse said her style was a personal choice and described her turban
as an important part of her identity as queen.
“My dressing is how I like it. People ask me why I dey cover my hair. My
turban na my crown, na so I dey see am,” she said, adding, “Anytime I dey in
Queen mode, I like to dey cover my hair to just give respect to di office wey I
get, and I no feel say I dey restricted.”
She
also revealed that her involvement in the monarch’s appearance goes beyond her
own fashion choices.
“You want make I tell you secret? I be my husband stylist,” she said.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting our blog, your comments keeps us going
Contact Information
08066953052
yetundeonanuga858@gmail.com
If you are interested in publicizing your products and services on these platform, get across to the Beautyfulmakeover media team using the details above.
kindly disregard any other contact information you receive through any other source.